Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Splatter with Instructions

Today's theme for the Summer Challenge is "Summer Splatter".  The splatter mani is one that I hadn't tried before but the concept seemed rather simple.  I had read about others doing it and using a straw dipped in polish then blowing it on the nails...didn't work for me.  I tried with polish alone, then with thinned polish and it didn't work either way for me.  I would imagine that the diameter of the straw makes a difference but I only had one and it was roughly the size of a pencil.  At any rate I also have one of those "disposable" pipettes from Sally's, so I tried that. Eureka!  But then all my "splats" were too big with the first color.  Finally by the third color I used (the blue) I had it figured out.  Thinned polish in the pipette with a small about in the tip and then "tap" it over the nails for smaller splatters.  On a side note, it is a good idea to protect your fingers either with tape or Vaseline (I used Vaseline) just to make the clean up a bit easier.

For this one I started with a base of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, I wanted something light, but not stark white.  I used L'Oreal Papparazi PleaserFinger Paints Louvre This Pink, and China Glaze Aqua Baby for the splatters and then a topcoat of NYC.

Here is a pre clean up photo so you can get sort of an idea of what you are going to be dealing with...very messy!


 And then the final product.  What do you think?  Is this a style you have or will try?  What other colors would you like to see?





8 comments:

  1. I like the end result. I have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had numerous failed attempts at trying this technique, I've tried various sizes of straws, it was a disasture. I don't know if I'll try again, I really love the look, but it's so redonkulous to do that I might not...plus I didn't use any vaseline or protect my fingers with tape so it was a MESS! Congrats on doing it succesfully, I envy you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take a while to get it worked out and I almost gave up but I think it was worth it in the end. :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmm...I need to try the pipette for this...Yours looks beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colors together! Stunning splatters :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks fantastic!
    I nominated you for a Liebster award because I love your blog.
    The rules are posted here: http://theblogforbeautifulliving.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/liebster-award.html
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! While I cherish each comment, I kindly ask that you refrain from posting links to your blog in the comment section. If you would like me to take a look at your blog, please feel free to send me an e-mail with your link. Unless I am feeling very generous, comments with links will be deleted. Thank you for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Julep Beauty Inc.