Thursday, August 16, 2012

A New Twist On Classic

I can't really tell you what inspired the idea for this mani but I love the way it turned out regardless.  I wore OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls on it's own the other day (love it) and wanted to do something quick to add to it the next day.  I was going to just do the stamp, but I kept having issues getting the image to transfer fully, so I added "blocks" of black.  Once I did that, I thought it looked sort of "unfinished", so I added the silver hexes (termed "glequins" by the ever talented and witty Nailasauraus).





Base is My Boyfriend Scales Walls stamped (Bundle Monster BM 306) and "blocked" Sally Hansen Black Heart accented with sliver glequins and topped with Out The Door.  I got loads of compliments on this mani and I actually kind of wanted to leave it on for a few days but I had a job interview so I had to remove it and go with something more subdued.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely stamping! I have yet to get my hands on some stamping plates - when I will, my blog will probably become stamping-mania!

    I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award over at my blog, do check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! While I cherish each comment, I kindly ask that you refrain from posting links to your blog in the comment section. If you would like me to take a look at your blog, please feel free to send me an e-mail with your link. Unless I am feeling very generous, comments with links will be deleted. Thank you for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Julep Beauty Inc.